Maryborough Veterinary Practice provides services for dog breeding, from the start of pregnancy, through to management of breeding dogs at the end of breeding. Services we offer to breeders include:
- External blood testing for determining the timing of breeding
- Breeding soundness certifications
- Artificial insemination with fresh semen – this is best performed by having a well-trained male dog and the female dog both at the clinic at the same time, to collect and deposit the semen.
- Pregnancy diagnosis by ultrasound and radiography- ultrasound early in the pregnancy, usually at 4 weeks, determines if your bitch is pregnant and also the number of pups (note that with large litters this is an estimation). Radiographs in the last 2 weeks of pregnancy can help determine a more accurate count of foetuses.
- Caesareans for difficult whelpings
- Post – whelping checks and newborn care advice
- Sterilisation of dogs no longer being bred from
- Litter vaccinations and Microchipping
- Hip and Elbow scoring.