An experienced Veterinary Nurse will answer your call and ask you some questions about the reason for your call. They will then let you know the best course of action based on the information you’ve provided.
This could include:
- For small animals (dogs, cats and smaller), attending the clinic at a time agreed to with the on-call Vet
- For large animals, the vet attending your property
- Waiting until normal practice hours and calling reception to book an appointment
- If, after consulting with our on-call vet, it is decided that your situation requires specialist or 24 hour emergency care, it may be suggested that you visit an Emergency Centre in Melbourne.
- Please note that if you have a vet clinic closer to where you live who offers on call services, you may be asked to contact that clinic instead.
Please note that there are additional costs for after-hours emergency vet treatment, and unless the animal owner is a pre-authorised account holder in good standing, then full payment for the treatment will be required at the time of the visit.